“The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen R. Covey
- Take initiative.
- Manage change.
- Take responsibility and have accountability.
“Begin With the End in Mind”
- Define vision and values.
- Set measurable team and personal goals.
- Align goals to priorities.
- Focus on desired outcomes.
“Put First Things First”
- Execute strategy.
- Focus on important activities.
- Apply effective planning and prioritization skills.
- Use planning tools effectively.
- Build high-trust relationships.
- Build effective teams.
- Apply successful negotiation skills.
- Use effective collaboration.
“Seek First to Understand Then to Be Understood”
- Apply effective interpersonal communication.
- Overcome communication pitfalls.
- Understand others.
- Communicate viewpoints effectively.
- Leverage diversity.
- Apply effective problem solving.
- Apply collaborative decision making.
- Value differences.
- Build on divergent strengths.
“Sharpen the Saw”
- Achieve life balance.
- Apply continuous improvement.
- Seek continuous learning.